Substrates are an important part of every chameleon setting. This contributes to keeping the moisture in the enclosure, making your chameleons healthy and comfortable. Put simply it helps regulate your pet’s habitat. In fact, an excellent substrate for a chameleon is a big step forward in caring for pets, helping to bring the most natural feel to them.
However, most owners feel that choosing the best substrate for the chameleon is a challenging task because you can easily come across so many different substrates on the market today. Recognizing this situation, we have researched the products and selected the top 10 best substrates. If you are looking for a substrate that suits your chameleon, don’t miss our following article.
Top 10 Best Substrate For Chameleons
Zilla Coconut Husk Brick Reptile Bedding
- The product is made from 100% organic coconut fiber, helping to maintain a tropical environment as in nature.
- High absorbency, excellent moisture retention. Suitable for 55-gallon drums.
- The ideal thickness is 1 to 2 inches, easily replaceable after a period of use.
- It is perfect for reptiles such as chameleon, rainforest gecko, frog, toad, and laying eggs.
- The product is non-abrasive and does not contain harmful chemicals. It is completely biodegradable.
Zilla Beaked Terrarium Moss
- Natural moss can retain moisture and maintain excellent humidity.
- The green moss shape helps to bring realistic landscapes to reptiles and amphibians.
- The raw material is completely natural, harvested from coniferous forests in Oregon, without any coloring or chemicals.
- Suitable for chameleon, frog, green mole, toad, rain forest chameleon, iguana, newt, etc.
- Beautiful green carpet, attracting the attention of the jungle reptiles.
- 100% biodegradable so easy to replace when not in use.
- Reasonable price for consumers.
Carib Sea SCS00721 One-Pack Reptiles Substrate Sand
- It is perfect for all kinds of chameleon or turtles, snakes, lizards, spiders, or insects coming from an arid environment.
- Ingredients: aragonite, soluble calcium carbonate, strontium, and magnesium while no silica and phosphate
- The product is edible, easy to digest without causing poisoning for chameleons.
- Contains strontium and magnesium without silica and phosphate
- The product is desert pink, eye-catching, helps attract the attention of chameleon.
- Calcium in the substrate helps develop the skeletal system.
- Easy to use and clean and affordable.
Zoo Med Eco Earth Loose Coconut Fiber
- Perfect for tropical origin reptiles, amphibians, or invertebrates.
- Able to naturally absorb and break down wastes.
- Ingredients: 100% natural coconut shell, can be recycled or used as fertilizer for gardens and potted plants.
- The green substrate, bring natural space right in the terrarium.
- Highly absorbent and moisture resistant.
Reptile Prime Coconut Fiber Bedding
- They are used for reptiles, amphibians, or invertebrates of tropical or desert origin.
- Can absorb quickly and maintain superior humidity, necessary for the growth of plants in natural shallow lakes.
- Helps eliminate the odor smell of chameleon.
- It is made from coconut fiber Reptile Prime does not contain coloring or toxic chemicals.
- Reasonable price, less expensive than other brands.
Zoo Med Repti Bark
- Products of natural origin, made from fir bark, do not contain harmful substances, very safe for reptiles and amphibians.
- Can be decomposed entirely or reused as fertilizer for plants.
- Help bring the feel of the natural rainforest in a shallow tank.
- Shelf life can last up to a year.
- It has excellent moisture absorption capacity, suitable for moisture-loving reptiles. Helps balance the temperature in the shallow tank.
- Encourage pet activities such as burrowing and laying eggs.
Fluker Labs Repta-Bark All Natural Bedding
- It has good absorbency, eliminates odors from reptile waste.
- Products made from orchid bark with unique formula, no chemicals, safe for pet.
- Perfect for reptiles, amphibians that live and lay eggs.
- Easy to replace, can decompose entirely in nature.
- Products are packaged into different packages with different sizes and prices, suitable for customers’ needs and economic conditions.
Zilla Reptile Terrarium Bedding Substrate Liner
- Easy to use, just spread out the flat surface and cut to the size of the shallow tank bottom.
- Safe, especially for younger reptiles, because they are not as quickly eaten as other products.
- Can hydrolyzed bio enzymes, help reduce the odor of waste in shallow tanks.
- It is made from waterproof, non-abrasive, non-irritating material for sensitive feet.
- Clean easily with water and can be reused several times.
- Available in 2 colors: brown and green.
Zoo Med ReptiSand
- It is made from natural materials, no dyes, no chemicals. Safe for pets and the environment.
- Excellent absorbency can decompose entirely in the environment.
- Suitable for reptiles, bearded dragons, sand boa, softshell turtles, etc.
- Encourage activities such as digging and laying eggs.
- Available in two natural colors.
- Brings a very natural environment for reptiles.
- Packing: 4.5kg / pack, reasonable price.
Zoo Med Excavator Clay Burrowing Substrate
- Stimulate activities such as burrowing, digging, laying eggs.
- Natural origin, no dyes or toxic chemicals, safe for pets and the environment.
- Suitable for reptiles and amphibians: lizards, chameleon, bearded dragon, etc.
- Help reptile feels comfortable, comfortable playing like in the natural environment.
- Reasonable price.
Above are the top 10 most popular substrate for chameleons today. Using a suitable substrate will help your chameleon feel comfortable, reduce stress when in the tank for a long time, and maintain the habits in nature. We hope that this article will help you get the most helpful hints on choosing a little friend’s substrate. Thanks for reading.