Light is one of the most important factors for iguana’s life and overall health. The sun rays provide both ultraviolet (UV) and infrared rays; Conventional window glass will block the ultraviolet rays, especially UVA and UVB – rays that have special meaning for iguanas. Science shows that UVA is a good source of vitamin D, especially vitamin D3 for iguanas. D3 will turn into calcium.
However, if your iguana is unable to expose it directly to natural sunlight, a spectrum light (emitting ultraviolet light) is the alternative you need. If you are looking for a good heat lamp for iguanas, you will face certain difficulties because there are so many options. We consulted the market and selected the top 10 best heat lamps. The following list will give you some pertinent suggestions. Come on, let’s find out.
Top 10 Best Heat Lamp For Iguanas
BYB – 150W 110V Ceramic Infrared Heat Emitter
- The light bulb is one of the most popular high power heat lamps today.
- Suitable for shallow, high humidity lakes; Lighting time lasts up to 10,000 hours.
- The product uses a ceramic socket (socket E26). Voltage: AC 110-120V; Power: 150w; Material: Brick, Metal, NiCrAl.
- The light bulb provides excellent heat for 24 hours and warms every reptile by increasing the ambient air temperature in the terrarium.
- Enhance health, expand blood vessels, and increase blood circulation for iguanas.
Evergreen Pet Supplies 100 Watt UVA UVB Mercury Vapor Bulb
- The product provides a strong heat source and UVA / UVB / visible light – completely spontaneous (non-toxic).
- Light bulbs give animals the warmth and vitamins they need.
- Perfect for bearded dragons, turtles, geckos, snakes, iguanas, lizards, etc.
- Suitable for many different types of tanks such as reservoirs, shallow lakes, sight cages, etc.
- Using good quality ceramic sockets. There is a large/deep dome that is designed for large, high-power light bulbs. Do not use with dimmer / rheostat adjustment.
Fluker’s Ceramic Heat Emitter for Reptiles 60 Watt
- It can shine 24 hours a day, great for tropical or desert reptiles.
- Use with ceramic sockets.
- The product is used with all Fluker Clamps.
- Heat lamps emit extremely strong infrared heat, but do not emit light.
- Size: 7 x 4 x 9 inches.
- Intensity: 60 watts, 100 watts, and 150 watts; Perfect for many different types of iguanas.
Fluker’s Repta-Clamp Lamp Ceramic with Dimmable Switch
- Intensity up to 150 watts.
- Perfect for reptiles like iguanas, lizards, geckos, etc.
- The product comes with a dimmer that allows control of heat / light.
- Item size L x W x H: 8.5 x 8.5 x 7 inches.
- Weight: 1 Pound.
- The lamp has a polarized plug to reduce the risk of electric shock, which will only be suitable for one-way polarized socket.
- Reasonable price, only about 12 dollars.
Exo Terra Heat-Glo Infrared Spot Lamp, 120-Volt
- Combo: 4 heat lamps, diverse light intensity: 50 watts, 75 watts, 100 watts, 150 watts depending on the size of iguanas and tank.
- Increase the air temperature in the tank, can adjust the heat.
- Stimulate reproductive behavior through UVA rays.
- Lighting time can be up to 24 hours/day.
- Light is emitted in the red part of the spectrum.
SUNVIE Pet Reptile Heat Lamp
- The device is designed with a high-quality metal cage surrounding the light bulb, preventing reptiles from direct contact with the heat lamp.
- The metal mesh also helps to distribute the heat, helping to warm all areas of the tank evenly.
- It also comes with a 100-watt infrared heat generator.
- It has a convenient hook to hang in the tank (if needed).
- The socket is made of ceramic so it can withstand extreme temperatures.
Zoo Med Mini Deep Dome Lamp Fixture
- Ceramic socket: lighting intensity up to 100 watts.
- They are designed with an aluminum dome to keep light and heat at maximum.
- The deep dome extends the rear of the lamp, preventing it from turning out.
- The light bulb emits both light and UVB light, which is useful for iguanas.
- There are two sockets made of durable, heat-resistant ceramic, which can be individually controlled with a separate on / off switch.
REPTIZOO Dual Lamp Fixture
- Integrated design with dual lamp covers, the maximum light intensity of 150 watts (suitable for: Ceramic heat lamps, UVB UVA lights, UVB lamps, Infrared lights, etc.)
- The lamp cover is made of solid ceramic and has good heat resistance for a long time.
- Two light bulbs are installed independently for easy control.
- There is a hanger for easy hanging on lamp hangers.
- There are vents for good heat dissipation, extending the life of the lamp.
Zilla Premium Reflector Domes
- Economical design, perfect for small-sized reptile terrariums.
- Size 8.5 “, lamp intensity up to 150 watts.
- Socket made of ceramic, capable of withstanding high temperatures.
- Connection cord includes 6 pins, with switches for on / off flexibility.
- Lamp cover made from uncoated aluminum, limiting heat generation.
- There are 2 colors to choose from silver and black.
- 1 year warranty.
Zilla Reptile Terrarium Heat Lamps Mini Halogen Bulb
- Mini halogen light bulbs have a light intensity of about 50 watts.
- Equivalent to 100-150 watt incandescent bulbs, up to 250% more efficient.
- The lighting time is, on average more than 1,000 hours, double that of incandescent.
- Provide healthy light and keep iguanas warm.
- Compact design, very cheap price.