Best bearded dragon hammock is one of the important accessories that you should not ignore for your reptile. Like humans, lizards also need a bed to rest comfortably; They do not feel relaxed when fixed to a position for a long time. The comfort that bearded dragon hammock brings will these desert residents. In addition, they encourage lizards to exercise through mountain climbing, maintain body shape, fight obesity, and remember their instincts.
We have reviewed many bearded dragon hammocks and selected the top 10 best products. If you’re planning to find a bearded dragon hammock for your reptile friend, check out the following article.
Buying Guide Bearded Dragon Hammock
Buying any additional equipment for our pet’s tank requires a lot of research. This is because bearded dragons take a lot of time getting used to any changes made in their habitats. One of the most common products seen in bearded dragon terrariums is hammocks. They are generally made of natural fibers and materials that do not have adverse effects on your pet. Continue reading to find out more about how you can choose the best hammock for your bearded dragon’s tank.
Things to consider before buying
Certain factors play an important role in determining the quality of a hammock. If you pay close attention to these criteria, it becomes significantly easier for you to buy a bearded dragon hammock. It will also help you save money and give your pet a fun resting spot in its terrarium.
Easy to install
This product is meant to be installed high up on the walls of the tank. You must be able to set it up without too much hassle. The ease of use is one of the most important determining factors in choosing the right, bearded dragon hammock.
You should be able to install it easily on the walls and remove it as and when you please. This way, if you change your pet’s tank in the future, you can use the same hammock in the bigger terrarium too.
The material used in making these hammocks is also extremely important to consider before buying them. Generally, natural seagrass fibers are used in making these hammocks. This is because they are not only comfortable for the bearded dragon but why also help in the molting process of the reptile. The rough exterior helps them shed their skin easily.
Additionally, you may also come across hammocks made of nylon fabric or otherwise, too. These fabrics are very comfortable for the reptile but are of no use when they shed their skin. So, make sure the hammock you buy is made of safe material, and it does not overheat rapidly.
The hammock itself
There are different types of bearded dragon hammocks available in the market. From natural ones to nylon net hammocks that come with ladders. It is completely up to you to choose a product you believe your pet will like.
The shape, method of installment, and the material are some of the factors that make these hammocks stand out. Make sure you read enough reviews before settling on a single type of bearded dragon hammock.
Some of these hammocks can alter their shape when they notice a change in temperatures. This ensures proper insulation for your pet. These cold-blooded reptiles depend on their surroundings to help them maintain their inner body temperature.
These hammocks can help them maintain that temperature even if the temperature outside is altered by moving closer to the ground or tightening their threads and contracting.
Most hammocks are safe for use. Due to their insulation and strong build, they are the perfect addition to every tank. These hammocks are generally attached to the walls of the tank with the help of suction cups. However, users show concern over the strength and abilities of these suction cups.
The cups may look delicate, but they are strong enough to hold adult bearded dragons up in the tank very easily. Additionally, the rough exterior of the natural fiber will not hurt the bearded dragon. It plays an important role in the molting process of the reptile and helps them shed their skin.
These hammocks should be easy to remove and maintain too. You will be using one hammock for a long time, and it is important that you can clean it properly without too much hassle. All these hammocks must be easy to clean and replace.
Cloth hammocks can be cleaned in the washing machine while the ones made of a mesh can be wiped down with a cloth. Irrespective of what you choose to buy, you must have a clear idea as to how you will clean it further down the line.
Why your bearded dragon needs to have a hammock
Bearded dragons are some of the calmest reptiles you can have as pets. They are mostly terrestrial, but baby bearded dragons can be semi-arboreal. This indicates that once in a while, your pet reptile likes climbing on to higher terrain.
If you are a new bearded dragon parent, you might have a hard time building the right habitat for your pet. You will need a spacious tank with light and additional products to make it feel like home for your reptile. Getting a hammock will be the right step towards building a great habitat for your bearded dragon.
Are ladders important?
Ladders are used in tanks to make it easy for the bearded dragon to climb into the hammock. These hammocks are generally attached higher up in the tank and without external help. It will be difficult for a bearded dragon to climb into them. Whereas placing the hammock too low in the tank will defeat the purpose of having an elevated spot for your pet. The smooth walls of the tank make it very difficult for bearded dragons to naturally climb up to the hammock.
In such cases, most people choose to keep a small ladder in the tank so that their bearded dragons can reach the hammock by climbing onto it. However, these ladders are not a necessity. Though important, you can replace these ladders with several other items. You can use a tree branch or a big rock instead of ladders. Your bearded dragon can reach the hammock by climbing onto these items too.
Top 10 Best Bearded Dragon Hammocks Review
Niteangel Bearded Dragon Hammock
- Products are woven firmly by hand.
- It is designed as a triangle to save space in a terrarium.
- Material: seaweed soft but very solid.
- Functions like a hammock or chair.
- The rough surface is useful for rubbing hammocks when they’re skinned.
- The product is equipped with a strong suction cup and leather strap to fix to the tank.
Triangular HuYaYa Bearded Dragon Hammock
- Products are woven by hand 100% from natural seagrass fibers.
- High strength, suitable for most reptiles such as bearded dragon, gecko, lizard, hermit snake.
- It comes with 3 durable, strong, and large suction cups, which helps secure against glass, plastic, or acrylic walls.
- Large size, ideal for extending the living space of the lizard.
Penn Plax REP701 Lizard Lounger Hammock
- Create comfort and freedom of climbing for pet reptiles.
- Hammocks are made entirely by hand from natural seagrass fibers.
- The straws attach firmly to the glass or acrylic lake wall, even when moving the tank.
- Ideal size for land reptiles such as Anoles, Bearded Dragons, Geckos, Iguanas, etc.
- The product can adjust the temperature itself by moving closer or farther to the base light when hanging on the wall.
PIVBY Bearded Dragon Hammock Jungle Climber Vines
- Products include 1 bearded dragon hammock, 1 bent vine branch, a curved vine with leaves.
- Great for reptiles and amphibians, like bearded dragons, lizards, chameleon, tree frogs, geckos, etc.
- Artificial bent branches come with suction cups to attach to the walls of the tank easily.
- Material: natural seagrass fiber; It is durable and is large enough to fit most cattle.
- Beautiful colors, just like real things.
Wuhostam Reptile Hammock Lizard Lounger
- Soft & Durable. 100% hand-woven from natural seagrass yarns. Create a comfortable environment that all pet reptiles will enjoy on a rocking chair.
- Using a small wire and hook makes it easy to install. Can move position freely.
- Perfect for arboreal and terrestrial Anoles, Dragon Beards, Geckos, Iguanas, Hermit Crabs, etc.
Zoo Med Mesh Large Reptile Hammock
- The hammock comes with a ladder, allowing lizards to travel easily in the lake.
- Rugged design, challenging the slippery surface should be able to be fixed at any position in the sliding glass tank.
- Great for reptile ladders.
- Help take advantage of the free space on the walls inside the barn.
- Effective way to reduce stress.
Kathson Reptile Lizard Bearded Dragon Hammock Lounger
- She is entirely woven by hand.
- Material: natural seaweed, soft but very firm.
- There is a strong suction pipe and barbed wire to fix to any position of the tank, which helps to take advantage of the space.
- Like a hammock and chair, the surface is rough, allowing lizards to use hammocks to rub when they are skinned.
- Triangle shape, sides dimensions: 7.8 ” x 7.8 ” x 11 ”.
CDL Reptile Lizards Snake Hammock Lounger
- The product is woven with soft, breathable and strong nylon material.
- A set of products includes 2 hammocks, 6 strong suction cups, metal rings that help fix the wall.
- The hammock is designed as a triangle, the size is 12 ” x 12 ” x 18 ”.
- Perfect for bearded dragons, hermit crabs and lizards. “
KHLZ US Reptile Hammock Lizard Lounger for Bearded Dragons
- Material: 100% natural seagrass soft but very strong and durable.
- Fully woven by hand.
- The most shaped hammock feels comfortable, suitable for reptiles to climb.
- Equipped with 4 strong suction cups, large and hemp rope for easy fixation to glass, plastic or acrylic.
- Help to use the wasted space of terrarium.
- Size: 7 “x30”, ideal for land reptiles such as Anoles, Bearded Dragon, Gecko, Iguanas, Crab Hermit, etc.
Hammock for Bearded Dragon, Blue-green Lavender
- Dimensions: 16 “x 16” x 22. They come with three sturdy suction cup hooks and are priced at 3 pounds.
- The product is sewn with soft fabric, creating a comfortable feeling for lizards.
- It is decorated with beautiful motifs, which attract the attention of reptiles.
- Easy to clean with washing machine, different from other hammocks made from plastic netting or seagrass.
Bearded dragons prefer resting in elevated spots in their tanks. They feel safer and closer to their natural habitat in these situations. If you are looking for a hammock for your pet, then you must make sure that it is big and strong enough for them. It also needs to be comfortable so that they end up using it. Get this product today, and make your pet reptile happier than ever!